Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First day as a consultant

Well, the first day was very different from what i expected.

I reached at my client location in the afternoon and found my boss waiting for me. I was a little nervous as my boss was waiting for an hour. I thought what a brilliant way to start my first day in the project. He was not furious and was pretty cool. We took a cab and came to the client location.

Just as I entered the client location, I got the shock of my life. It was green all around, something i have not seen for ages. There were trees all around and insects like milipede crawling all over the place.It was an amazingly peaceful place. The tag which Kerala Tourism uses - "God's own country" was so true for this place.

The client i am working for is a PSU. I had always heard of an PSU but never seen it from inside. But this time i got an oppurtunity to work for them. There are so many things about PSUs that will stun people who do not know about them. I will write down few of them....


  1. They still use floppy disks and the older version of floppy.

  2. There is a daak system for circular to be passed.( Don't ask me what is Daak system...find it for yourself)

  3. Deskjet printer is a novelty, don't know when will a laserjet come here.

  4. Working time : 9:30 am - 5:00 pm ( Can you beat that)

There are many more...but i will list them one by one in the subsequent posts.

No comments: